[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]
11% 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Re: The History Thread

Post by peugeot407 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 3:19

Oh, I definitely think the quite wrongly named First World War is more interesting than the equally wrongly named Second World War, but I obviously did vote for the Middle Ages in this poll, because this is the K&B forum, after all. Razz

I do disagree with your notion that there was a "right" side and a "wrong" side in World War II though. Hitler's genocidal tendencies are rightly considered quite wrong, but it's important to remember that the majority of Germans, even up to high ranking officials like Göring, didn't give a pig's arse about Hitler's political ideology, and simply wanted to bring Germany back to greatness. Also, the Italians and Japanese had no real sympathy for Hitler's ideas, with the Italian government at the time being comparatively light in its fascism, and the Japanese being completely devoid of it. It's also rather hypocritical to say the Axis powers were the "wrong" side because they were led by Adolf Hitler, when at the same time, the "right" side was festooned by figures such as Joseph Stalin and Zedong Mao...

peugeot407

Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.

peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Synecdoche on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 14:17

peugeot407 wrote:Oh, I definitely think the quite wrongly named First World War is more interesting than the equally wrongly named Second World War, but I obviously did vote for the Middle Ages in this poll, because this is the K&B forum, after all. Razz
I voted for prehistory Embarassed
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spangopola on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 19:31

Peugeot, please don't put Mao Zhedong into the scenario. His contribution against the Japanese is minimal, stealing chunks of deserved recognition from Chiang Kai-shek and ROC.

spangopola

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 21:20

Very true, but I was not trying to list people who actively contributed to the Allied war effort, but more the kind of villains we put up with...

peugeot407

Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.

peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by leon the duque of birigui on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 0:38

peugeot407 wrote:

I do disagree with your notion that there was a "right" side and a "wrong" side in World War II though.

peugeot407
ok. but still germany is my favorite nation during ww1.
leon the duque of birigui
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top