The History Thread

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's your favorite era in history?

8% 8% 
[ 2 ]
19% 19% 
[ 5 ]
31% 31% 
[ 8 ]
19% 19% 
[ 5 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]
11% 11% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 26

Re: The History Thread

Post by peugeot407 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 3:19

Oh, I definitely think the quite wrongly named First World War is more interesting than the equally wrongly named Second World War, but I obviously did vote for the Middle Ages in this poll, because this is the K&B forum, after all. Razz

I do disagree with your notion that there was a "right" side and a "wrong" side in World War II though. Hitler's genocidal tendencies are rightly considered quite wrong, but it's important to remember that the majority of Germans, even up to high ranking officials like Göring, didn't give a pig's arse about Hitler's political ideology, and simply wanted to bring Germany back to greatness. Also, the Italians and Japanese had no real sympathy for Hitler's ideas, with the Italian government at the time being comparatively light in its fascism, and the Japanese being completely devoid of it. It's also rather hypocritical to say the Axis powers were the "wrong" side because they were led by Adolf Hitler, when at the same time, the "right" side was festooned by figures such as Joseph Stalin and Zedong Mao...


peugeot407

_________________
Synecdoche wrote: Do you only use your wisdom teeth to grind down bone from your kills?



Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.



avatar
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Age : 25
Posts : 6423
Join date : 2010-07-23

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Re: The History Thread

Post by Synecdoche on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 14:17

peugeot407 wrote:Oh, I definitely think the quite wrongly named First World War is more interesting than the equally wrongly named Second World War, but I obviously did vote for the Middle Ages in this poll, because this is the K&B forum, after all. Razz
I voted for prehistory Embarassed
avatar
Synecdoche
K&B Team Member
K&B Team Member

Age : 24
Posts : 1082
Join date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: The History Thread

Post by spangopola on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 19:31

Peugeot, please don't put Mao Zhedong into the scenario. His contribution against the Japanese is minimal, stealing chunks of deserved recognition from Chiang Kai-shek and ROC.

spangopola
Moderator
Moderator

Age : 23
Posts : 1342
Join date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The History Thread

Post by peugeot407 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 21:20

Very true, but I was not trying to list people who actively contributed to the Allied war effort, but more the kind of villains we put up with...


peugeot407

_________________
Synecdoche wrote: Do you only use your wisdom teeth to grind down bone from your kills?



Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.



avatar
peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

Age : 25
Posts : 6423
Join date : 2010-07-23

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Re: The History Thread

Post by leon the duque of birigui on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 0:38

peugeot407 wrote:

I do disagree with your notion that there was a "right" side and a "wrong" side in World War II though.


peugeot407
ok. but still germany is my favorite nation during ww1.
avatar
leon the duque of birigui
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Posts : 382
Join date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The History Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum