Nations that should be represented some way or another

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nations that should be represented some way or another

Post by super7700 on Sun 27 Nov 2011 - 13:06

I know that the main nations have been sorted, but there are some important nations or groups that should appear somewhere, whether as natives, mercenaries, or perhaps part of a certain main civ. Here are a few nations:

- Celts/Gaels: These must appear somewhere! In my opinion, they should be natives. Some ideas for units: hobelars (light, skirmishing cavalry), Gallowglass (elite mercenaries from Scotland serving in Ireland as heavy infantry) and the Kern (light infantry). Techs? Perhaps something to do with quicker soldiers and maybe they could have a tech that lets the soldiers they provide cloak (since they used guerilla tactics). That tech called be called 'Guerilla Warfare', if it is even possible to code.
- Swiss: I'm sure you will make Swiss pikemen available as mercenaries, but I'm just checking
- Bohemians: Wherever you put them, they should have war wagons
- Burgundy: I'm not sure what units they could have, since they are similar to the Flemish and weren't particularly unique, with Charles the Bold relying heavily on mercenaries. However, they are known for revolutionizing true field artillery. Perhaps, if they aren't being made available elsewhere, the Burgundians could have Ribauldequins and Culverins (ribauldequins would be one of the earliest available gunpowder units but is less effective). If you make them natives, Burgundian techs could make field artillery more effective (this might mean giving them something like better attack, range, reload time, train time or cost) and make mercenaries cheaper or also more effective.
- Normans: They could provide powerful, mail-clad heavy cavalry. Knight

Forgive me if I am mentioning things that you are already including.

super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Re: Nations that should be represented some way or another

Post by peugeot407 on Sun 27 Nov 2011 - 23:31

I don't want to reveal too much, but yes, all of these nations are represented in a way.

peugeot407

Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.

peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by super7700 on Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 14:42

Okay, that's good.

super7700
Edessan Auxilliary
Edessan Auxilliary

Back to top Go down

Post by PierceBel on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 18:22

Alemanni would be a cool idea to include in northern France/Germanic maps. Most people think of the final days of the Roman Empire, but in all honesty, they were a powerful, and troublesome tribe in the days of Charlemagne and the Carolingian Empire. Give them some berserkers and fanatic spearmen, but very little technological upgrades.

Bretons - Another good one that is in the North Western portion of France. I'd think that special citizens would be a good idea, since most Breton soldiers were either hired out as mercenaries by France or England in the Hundred Years' War, or were nonexistent.

PierceBel
Hobilar
Hobilar

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeot407 on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 20:50

We might need a new Barbarian for maps of Southern Germany one day, but I'm not sure if the Allemands would fit so perfectly, and to be entirely honest, I'm not even really sure we do need an extra one, as Franks, Saxons and to a lesser degree Avars would all also work in that area.

As for Bretons, they're already in, represented by the Britons. After all, the people of Cornwall and Devon are of the same stock as those of Brittany, and share the same culture and history. They just live on opposite ends of the English Channel...

peugeot407

Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.

peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top