Messengers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Messengers

Post by Gohar on Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 4:09

Hi guys!
Probably a ridiculous idea but well as friends I'm sure you'll either consider it or simply comment without harassment.
Why not give the game a further realistic and medieval feeling simoultaneouly.
We shall add messengers. It works like this, all teams start off neutral. Through sending messenger all the way to the others base, one can declare themselves as that civs ally or enemy. messenger are either to be unkillable (as it was conidered a severe warcrime to kill messengers then) or hard to kill or give a penalty for killing the messenger of a civ. The game should give importance to all: economy, diplomacy and.............WAR!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
Personally I'd like this game to be capable of being played as an empire v empire type medieval clash which is realistic with many possibilities. I would also like all soldiers to be given the ability to make siege tents and that siege tents be give more purpose to imitate the sieges of the past however healing capabilities should be left to the healing camps as such things were and should be done by medics even in the game (btw surgeons did exist in that time as when Salahuddin Ayyubi was fight King Richard in the Crusades, Yusuf ibn Ayub - Salahuddin Ayyubi's real name - sent Richard a surgeon when he fell ill).
Still waiting for Quintessence! Love this mod Smile
Thanks guys.

Gohar
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Re: Messengers

Post by peugeot407 on Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 4:31

Seems very much like an overly complicated version of the already existent Diplomacy game mode.

I'm absolutely with you on fancying having everyday characters ingame, but the truth of it is that it is often more of a distraction to gameplay than a boon of any kind, and that's definitely something to consider. It would be entirely possible to mod AoE3 into a society simulator like the The Settlers or Anno series of games, but that's not really what we aim to do with K&B.

peugeot407

Sola Scriptura. Sola Fide. Sola Gratia. Solus Christus. Soli Deo Gloria.

peugeot407
K&B Founder
K&B Founder

http://twitter.com/rjfaber91

Back to top Go down

Post by Gohar on Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 16:29

Well can at least more units be able to make siege camps and siege camps be given more purpose and power and allow archers to garrison in the wall connectors (i.e. the big circular towers that come between wall segments) and be able to improve wall attack like in C&C 3 units could garrison building and attack so the same be done for archers in wall towers only. So that gies better defense+better siege capabilities?
Also I understand peugeot I'll try to avoid complex requests next time, thanks for the reply. Smile

Gohar
Voulgier
Voulgier

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepp on Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 20:25

There is already a siege camp in the mod and the purpose is to train specific siege weaponry. If you upgrade your wall to fortified (or something like that), your wall connector can attack.

Spoiler:
The Pepp Noble Way to Make and Drink Tea
Pepp's Eye Candy thread
Pepp's First Random Map Script!

Pepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: